Well, its been a while since I’ve posted. I’m sure many of you can relate to the mix up of juggling 3 kids, a full-time job, a house, hubby, yada-yada you know the spiel! Anywoo, to my surprise, after deciding the baby-making station was closed, I learned we we’re once again PREGNANT. Yup, and then there were four! Fast forward 10 months, I give birth to a beautiful 7lbs 11oz baby boy…ALL NATURAL! For that many are convinced I am nuts. While that may very well be the case, I decided with my first, now 16, that I would ALWAYS go natural, and here’s why:
1. An Epidural is NOT your typical needle. Up until I went into labor the first time, I thought an Epidural looked like a typical needle used in everyday medical use. Not so much, in two words; its HUGE!
2. Its NOT a shot. That Sh!t stays in your back, taped! (No explanation necessary)
3. I was SCARED straight. After learning about the small details of points 1 and 2, all I could think about was bending over to get the Epidural and busting out laughing or sneezing or something crazy. One small detail that could’ve potentially left me paralyzed. For me, that was reason enough.
4. Faster Recovery. Lets be clear, I am in no way a doctor and can not say for sure, but what I can say is that even though you feel like a Mack Truck when its over, I was up and moving shortly after.
5. No long term SIDE EFFECTS. Everyone I know who has had an Epidural has complained of back pains, some more severe than others, but pain in the area none the less.
While everyone’s experience is different, this way worked for me. If I had to do it over again (which I won’t), I’d go natural. From the people I’ve talked to, it seems as though the thought process is evenly divided. I’d love to hear what you chose and why. In the meantime, be prepared to follow me on my pregnancy weight loss journey, join me even…Little Black Dress here I come! Enjoy!